Brittan L. Buchanan, Partner
Mr. Buchanan is a trial lawyer focusing on the areas of business disputes, representation of clients in the area of insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, products liability and civil disputes with governmental entities. Mr. Buchanan is also the managing partner of BG.
- J.D.,with distinction, St. Mary’s University School of Law, 1989
Associate Editor, St. Mary’s Law Journal
- Brown University and University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1986
Judical Clerkship or Other Professional Experience
- Briefing Attorney, Honorable James R. Nowlin, U.S. District Judge, Western District of Texas, 1989-1992
Professional Recognition and Honors
- Mr. Buchanan is honored to have earned both an AV®Preeminent Rating for the last 17 years, the highest rating available from Martindale-Hubbell, and to be included in the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd Editions of Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White, Inc. 2015, 2016, 2017), two leading independent attorney rating entities. An AV®Rating by Martindale-Hubbell and inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White, Inc.) signifies that the lawyer has reached the heights of professional excellence.
- Selected to the list of Texas “Super Lawyers” by Thomson Reuters every year from 2004 to the present
- Recognized as “Top 50” Central and West Texas 2006 Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of the Austin Chapter of Entrepreneur’s Organization, 2010-present, current Board Member of EO Chapter
- Former Board Member, St. Mary’s University School of Law Alumni Association, 2006-2012
- Past President, Federal Bar Association, Austin Chapter
- Presented numerous times on federal court practice for local Federal Bar Assn. and Travis County Women Lawyers’ Assn. seminars
- Presented on insurance coverage matters including Stowers claims, indemnity and additional insured issues, and recurring issues regarding business auto policies
- President’s Award, State Bar of Texas (1998)
- Edmund Muskie Award from the Tort and Insurance Practice Section of the American Bar Association, commending his contribution to the provision of legal services to the poor (1998)
In addition to the courts of the Texas and Oklahoma, Mr. Buchanan is admitted in all federal district courts in Texas and the Western District of Oklahoma, as well as the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Tenth Circuits and the U.S. Supreme Court.